About MD – Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD – Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
Career Level: A2
Part-time: 21 hours per week
Location: 3030 boulevard e Carrefour, Suite 703, Laval, QC – H7T 2P5
The Receptionist is responsible for providing administrative and reception support in the Regional Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary reception coverage and maintenance of phone system; includes greeting clients, answering the telephone, assisting in booking client appointments, confirming client appointments, validating parking and maintaining the reception area
- Open mail, date stamp and distribute to office staff
- Managing all incoming and outgoing couriers
- Send, receive and distribute faxes on a timely basis
- Prepare regional mailings as required
- Order supplies from external suppliers and internal departments, including marketing material and forms
- Coordinate meeting agendas
- Conduct maintenance calls for service and keep supplies stocked for office equipment
- Maintenance and printing of regulatory and client service reports
- Maintenance of effective filing systems; assists Manager of Regional Administration with various initiatives and record keeping functions
- Assist with branch compliance duties including maintaining the security checklist and Business Continuity Plan
- Assist in appropriate coding of invoices
- Special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Licensing Requirements:
- Secondary school education
- Two to three years experience in an administrative or clerical position with a financial services company is preferred
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and its applications such as Excel, Word
Personal Characteristics and Experience:
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated Initiative and resourcefulness
- Strong client focus; ability to work individually and with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient, courteous and professional
- Excellent telephone skills
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.
For those roles with licensing requirements, a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.