About MD – Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD – Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
This position will support the facilities team in the delivery of; relocation and renovation projects for Home Office and the Regions. This position will also provide project management administrative support to the team and work closely with other departments (Accounts Payable, Procurement) as required.
- Assist the Facilities Leads in the delivery of Home office and Regional Projects
- Project management duties as assigned by the Facilities Leads
- Prepare drawings
- Obtain furniture and renovations quotes
- Assist with move logistics
- Support ergonomic program
- Analyze reports and work with procurement to execute recommendations
- Maintain vacancy management drawings and statistics for Home Office and the Regions
- Manage small renovation projects at Home Office and Regions
- Coordinate signage requests and maintain inventory
- Monitor ServiceNOW during the business day and assist with day to day requests and issues, solve issues or escalate to team as required.
- Participate in project meetings and assist as required.
Education & Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design, Facilities Management, or Project Management
- Knowledge of the design and construction process
- Must have a good working knowledge office planning standards
- AutoCAD training and practical experience
- Experience in facilities management/property management environment
- Knowledge of project management practices, construction practices, and furniture installation. General knowledge of building code and barrier-free design requirements.
- Experience in problem resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid administrative background and project management experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blue print drawings
- Ability to put together presentation materials such as sample boards and floorplans with renderings.
- Adept at various software packages including MS Word, MS Project, Excel, and with AutoCAD. 3D modelling/rendering skills are not required but would be an asset.
- French Language is not mandatory but would be an asset.
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.
For those roles with licensing requirements, a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.