About MD – Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD – Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
Career Level: A4
The role of the Specialist, Documentation Control is to provide support and guidance to the Policy Library Project Team in the development of a central policy and procedure library on Sharepoint. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of documentation control methodologies, and the Sharepoint platform. The Documentation Control Specialist must proactively work with other stakeholders to process their documentation (that requires change control) from draft to a released revision. Close partnership will be required with other cross functional teams that are involved in contributing to the Policy and Procedure Library. The successful candidate will have strong teamwork and collaborative skills. The successful candidate will appreciate and understand the role that Documentation Control plays in developing an accurate, reliable and controlled policy framework.
- Assist in the development of a document control framework for policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain a master policy index.
- Create and maintain policy and procedure templates.
- Develop folder structure and maintain revision control content on SharePoint.
- Assist business units in the review and uploading of policies and procedures on SharePoint.
- Working together with business units to determine proper structure of their policy and procedure documentation.
- Monitor the policy and procedure library to ensure that it is being used properly.
- Development of training materials on use of SharePoint and Policy Library.
- Assist in updating and developing Verve pages to effectively communicate use of Policy Library throughout the organization.
- Assist in the review and approval of New Account Application Forms and KYC updates as required.
- Coordinate the agendas and take and distribute minutes for bi-weekly TCO and monthly SOC meetings.
- Coordinate daily questions from business and direct them to the appropriate area within Compliance.
- Review personal trading confirmations and statements through Portfolio and Access
- Participate on various project teams internal to compliance and legal relating to department procedures.
- Assist with the administration of specific compliance and legal functions in certain specialty areas of law under supervision.
Education & Experience:
- 2 years experience documentation control
- 2 years experience of database usage
- Post secondary diploma or equivalent
- SharePoint administrator knowledge
- Strong process and organizational skills – the ability to be meticulously maintain project and policy documentation.
- Strong team building skills – the ability to help individuals and groups work through documentation and revision control issues.
- Self starter, the ability to identify and take ownership of tasks
- Excellent verbal communication and relationship building skills – the ability to use tact and diplomacy to build and maintain co-operative relations between all key A stakeholders
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude at all times
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.
For those roles with licensing requirements, a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.