Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Technology and Operations
Ottawa , ON, Canada
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MD Physician Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About MD: Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD: Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
Reports to: Manager, Network and Enterprise Computing
Career level: B3
The Network Analyst will be supporting a number of infrastructures within MD Physician Services and the Canadian Medical Association. The position will specialize in one or more of the following;
· Internet and security technologies
· Network infrastructure
· Monitoring & Reporting Technologies
Network Analysts are responsible for all LAN/WAN connections and its linked infrastructure, as well as all corporate websites (CMAH), associated internet connections, firewalls, intrusion detection, internet monitoring, load balancers, and UPS units. The Network Analyst provides network support within a converged Voice & Data Network environment.
- Participate in the planning, design, configuration and deployment of company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, load balancers, UPSs and other hardware to ensure that network meets company requirements.
- Daily operational maintenance of existing network infrastructure. (Cisco, CheckPoint, CoyotePoint)
- Create and maintain current documentation (architectures, process, user guides, contacts, passwords) across the technology environment.
- Ensuring that security best practices are being applied on all network equipment.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Trouble resolution and diagnosis of network and VoIP issues with telecom carriers and other internal & external groups
- Provide support for all VPN configuration and design including point to point and Remote Access VPNs
- Adhere to Incident, Problem, Change, Request Fulfillment and Access Management based on ITIL best practices.
- Provide support and act as a resource for developers, server teams, and operational teams where required
- Responsible to identify or assist in root cause of an issue.
- Take part in the on-call rotation and work weekends/holidays if required.
Education & Experience:
- 3 year College diploma in computer technology or related disciplines or proven experience in associated fields.
- 4-6 years equivalent work experience in a Network Analyst/Network Administrator role within a converged voice and data network.
- Strong Knowledge of Internetworking and Internet Technologies
- Cisco Certified Training would be an asset.
- CheckPoint Certified would be an asset.
- Demonstrated network hardware expertise
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong listening, verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- ITIL Foundation Certification an asset.
- Client Service/Communication
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with individuals both within and external to the organization;
- Ability to discuss and collaborate on technology matters in business terms.
- Delivery of a successful client experience.
- Client service focused
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Professional knowledge and expertise:
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the organization, its applications as well as experience with the functions and related processes.
- Experience in technical support and resolution of client incidents in accordance to ITIL methodologies;
- Planning and organization:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Self-motivated with a sound work ethic
- Can work independently on problem resolution and/or in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt and manage change
- Excellent decision making skills;
- A self-learner, able to quickly pick-up and understand new technical processes and applications and the ability to build upon his/her existing skills
- Strong and effective team player and collaborator
- French speaking not required, but an asset
- Some travel may be required
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.
For those roles with licensing requirements, a copy of your transcript must be submitted with your application.