About MD-Owned by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), for more than 40 years MD has leveraged its unrivalled understanding of physicians' unique needs, to help clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, MD has been recognized by several industry third parties for client satisfaction and growth.
Why Your Career Will Flourish at MD – Success breeds success! MD is intently focused on attracting, building and retaining top talent. A career is about an individual succeeding in a strong team and MD takes great pride in the rich career-focused environment it has created. Rated as a National Capital Top Employer for 4 years and a recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, MD continues to set the pace at offering innovative and enriching employee-centric programs. Joining a great team of a successful company with an environment and experiences difficult to replicate, is why we believe your career will flourish at MD.
The Associate VP of Wealth Services' primary responsibility is to identify client opportunities, qualify clients, meet and analyze the client’s financial and investment circumstances, and bring in the appropriate professional within MD Management to provide solutions to meet the client’s needs. The incumbent is responsible to proactively pursue new client relationships by maximizing opportunities with new client acquisitions. They will focus on high potential, strategic targets in an effort to increase current market share and assist CMA members and their families in achieving their personal financial goals and maintain client relationships.
- Meeting integrated MDM sales objectives that support the business growth, referral goals and sales production levels; create an integrated sales approach, plan and document business plan activities
- Maintain a maximum of 15% client relationship of normal book of business
- Manage referrals and track pipeline reporting to ensure effective sales management
- Present the MDM and CMA value proposition to potential prospects
- Maintain solid knowledge and understanding of the capital market conditions
- Prepare comprehensive financial plans and specific investment strategies based on MD Management developed and managed optimal portfolio ranges as required
- Based on the MD Physician Services Inc.(MDPSI) client service model, provide the appropriate level of service and advice to CMA members and their families on all aspects of investments and financial planning as required
- Work with internal partners to identify market place and align with our corporate strategies
- Develop and lead marketing initiatives to deliver on the MDM brand promise; lead and participate in client seminars, partner events, conferences, and involvement within the medical community
- Pursue high potential, strategic targets in major centres (may include both CMA members and non CMA members)
Education and Licensing:
- University Degree or equivalent
- Financial Planning Designation (CFP or PFP)
- IIROC licensed through the completion of the Canadian Securities Course, Conduct and Practices Handbook and 90 day training
- Minimum of 7-10 years of face to face sales experience, preferably in a financial services environment and/or medical industry
- Knowledge of MDM’s products and services
- Proven track record in sales within MDM and the wealth management industry including , but not limited to, Advisory Investment Services, Private Investment Counsel, Estate and Trust, and Insurance
- Strong financial knowledge
- Experience in marketing, negotiating and public speaking
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Strong relationship building skills and superior client service skills, as well as sales and service management practices
- Self-motivated; independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to influence and make an impact
- Goal and results oriented; overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals
- Accountability; maintaining commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions
- Resiliency; continues working towards goals when faced with challenges
- Bilingual French/English required
An offer of employment is conditional on MD receiving satisfactory employment checks including criminal, credit, civil, regulatory (as applicable) and reference checks.